Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie
For a comforting weeknight meal, try this easy version of a turkey potpie. Refrigerated biscuits create the golden crust that covers creamy ground turkey and vegetables.—Vicki Kerr, Portland, Maine
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey until no
- longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour
- and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, salt, pepper and turkey;
- remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Place biscuits 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 5 minutes.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Place
- nine biscuits over turkey mixture. Bake potpie and remaining biscuit
- for 5-7 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 460 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium,