Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, salt, pepper and turkey; remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 2. Place biscuits 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer turkey mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Place nine biscuits over turkey mixture. Bake potpie and remaining biscuit for 5-7 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 460 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie
"This is very easy to make. Next time I will add something for more flavor. It was very bland and no real flavor."
"I liked the simple cream mixture, but the biscuits were soggy on the bottom. Next time I will fully cook the biscuits and just place them on top before serving. I fixed roasted vidalia onions with this."