For a comforting weeknight meal, try this easy version of a turkey potpie. Refrigerated biscuits create the golden crust that covers creamy ground turkey and vegetables.—Vicki Kerr, Portland, Maine
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, salt, pepper and turkey; remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Place biscuits 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Place nine biscuits over turkey mixture. Bake potpie and remaining biscuit for 5-7 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Biscuit Potpie in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p6
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review