Turkey-Berry Stuffing Balls
You'll spend less time in the kitchen when you prepare this quick side dish that takes advantage of stuffing mix. "This is terrific to take to potlucks and holiday dinners," says Harpster, Ohio's Bernadine Dirmeyer. "The recipe can easily be doubled for large gatherings."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, celery and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine
- eggs, broth and stuffing; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey
- mixture and cranberries.
- Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 314 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.