Turkey Bean Soup Recipe
Substitute your favorite beans if cannellini and lima beans are not to your family's taste.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey, onion and celery in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the broth, corn, beans, chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC