Turkey Bean Soup
Substitute your favorite beans if cannellini and lima beans are not to your family's taste.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey, onion and celery in oil over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the broth, corn, beans,
- chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium,