Substitute your favorite beans if cannellini and lima beans are not to your family's taste.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey, onion and celery in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the broth, corn, beans, chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Bean Soup in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p136
Reviews for Turkey Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review