Packed with veggies, beans, turkey and loads of flavor, these moist burgers are anything but boring. What an easy meal for a busy weekday! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl coarsely mash beans. Add the egg white, zucchini, red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Bean Burgers in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p11
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Bean Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review