Turkey Bean Burgers for Two Recipe
Packed with veggies, beans, turkey and loads of flavor, these moist burgers are anything but boring. What an easy meal for a busy weekday! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 pound ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 onion slices
- 2 romaine leaves
- 1. In a small bowl coarsely mash beans. Add the egg white, zucchini, red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion and lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 365 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Bean Burgers for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC