Packed with veggies, beans, turkey and loads of flavor, these moist burgers are anything but boring. What an easy meal for a busy weekday! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 28 Favorite Lunch Box Ideas
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 pound ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 onion slices
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl coarsely mash beans. Add the egg white, zucchini, red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a small skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion and lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Bean Burgers for Two in Simple & Delicious
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Bean Burgers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review