Turkey Bean Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl coarsely mash beans. Add the egg white, zucchini, red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Bean Burgers(8)
Sort By :
Could you believe that grass fed beef at safeway was $2 cheaper than ground turkey?? This was great with the beef but I got organic and grass fed. Yummy!!!
I made this for dinner tonight, and it was great. My husband really liked it, and said it was moister than my regular turkey burgers. I didn't have zucchini, so I used grated carrot instead.
These are great burgers!!
We really enjoyed these burgers. The zucchini is an excellent way to add some extra vitamins and the beans provide some added protein and fiber. They were very moist and had great flavor. 'will definitely make these again!
My husband could not stop raving about these burgers. This is such a healthy version for the all american hamburger.
More Recipe Collections
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >