Turkey Bean Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl coarsely mash beans. Add the egg white, zucchini, red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Bean Burgers(11)
Sort By :
I love all the ingredients in this recipe and I just mixed up a batch, and they smell wonderful (not cooked yet). I am wondering if they can be frozen either before cooking or after? Would like to have this on hand for future meals since I have the mess going and lots of ground turkey to deal with today.
Hi Peyton612 - Yes the nutritional information includes the buns! :) Community Manager - Taste of Home.
The nutrional information does that include the bun ?
Could you believe that grass fed beef at safeway was $2 cheaper than ground turkey?? This was great with the beef but I got organic and grass fed. Yummy!!!
I made this for dinner tonight, and it was great. My husband really liked it, and said it was moister than my regular turkey burgers. I didn't have zucchini, so I used grated carrot instead.
More Recipe Collections
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >