Turkey BBQ Recipe
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, picante sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes. Add turkey; simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve in buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey BBQ
"Super easy to make and flavorful"
"This was good, quick and easy."
"Great use of leftover turkey! We only had enough turkey for 1/2 recipe, but my husband started prepping for the whole recipe. Therefore, we ended up using a mix of half turkey and half chicken. Turned out great!"