Turkey Barley Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup sliced or baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning, divided
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey, carrots, onion, celery, garlic and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the water, tomatoes and remaining taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add barley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes longer or until barley is tender. Stir in oregano. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 275 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Turkey Barley Tomato Soup
"Excellent and fast!"
"Everyone loved the recipe. Used it for a church potluck and shared the recipe with everyone there."
"This recipe was a hit with the whole family. It is hearty and super easy to make."