Turkey Barley Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup sliced or baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning, divided
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey, carrots, onion, celery, garlic and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the water, tomatoes and remaining taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add barley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes longer or until barley is tender. Stir in oregano. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 275 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Turkey Barley Tomato Soup
"Excellent and fast!"
"Everyone loved the recipe. Used it for a church potluck and shared the recipe with everyone there."
"This recipe was a hit with the whole family. It is hearty and super easy to make."