Turkey Barbecue Recipe
Cayenne and lemon pepper add zip to this tantalizing shredded turkey that will have guests lining up for seconds. The well-seasoned meat takes some time to prepare, but it's well worth the effort. -Tammy Schill, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 turkey (about 12 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings; rub 3 tablespoons over turkey. Cover and refrigerate remaining butter mixture. Bake turkey, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- 2. Remove turkey; pour drippings into a saucepan. When turkey is cool enough to handle, remove meat from the bones. Shred turkey and return to the roasting pan. Add broth and remaining butter mixture to the drippings; bring to a rolling boil. Pour over shredded turkey.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 672 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 74g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Barbecue
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC