Turkey Avocado Sandwiches
"I like to jazz up a plain turkey sandwich with vegetables and fresh cilantro from my garden," shares Dave Bremson from Plantation, Florida. "I combine zesty taco sauce with fat-free cream cheese for the bread spread. A little hot pepper sauce quickly kicks the heat up a notch."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in taco sauce
- and pepper sauce; spread over bread.
- Layer the turkey, avocado and tomato on two bread slices; sprinkle
- with cilantro. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 399 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.