Turkey Avocado Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in taco sauce and pepper sauce; spread over bread.
- 2. Layer the turkey, avocado and tomato on two bread slices; sprinkle with cilantro. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 399 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.