"I like to jazz up a plain turkey sandwich with vegetables and fresh cilantro from my garden," shares Dave Bremson from Plantation, Florida. "I combine zesty taco sauce with fat-free cream cheese for the bread spread. A little hot pepper sauce quickly kicks the heat up a notch."
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in taco sauce and pepper sauce; spread over bread.
- Layer the turkey, avocado and tomato on two bread slices; sprinkle with cilantro. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Avocado Sandwiches in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p13
Reviews for Turkey Avocado Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review