Turkey Asparagus Divan Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites, egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook turkey in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Layer each cutlet with a ham slice, two asparagus spears and cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a platter; keep warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 291 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.