It looks and tastes decadent, but at just 291 calories per serving, this classic entree isn't much of a splurge. Pair it with a side salad and slice of whole grain bread for a complete meal. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites, egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Layer each cutlet with a ham slice, two asparagus spears and cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a platter; keep warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Divan in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p31
Reviews for Turkey Asparagus Divan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review