Convenient frozen asparagus lends bright color and garden flavor while a sprinkling of french-fried onions provides a yummy crunch.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a small saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 2 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with turkey. Combine soup and water; spoon over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Asparagus Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p10
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Asparagus Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2015
"Was very sceptical about this but glad I tried it. Very good and easy to make."