Turkey Apple Potpie
YEARS AGO, a neighbor and I collaborated and submitted this recipe for an apple contest. We won first prize...a bushel of apples, of course.
We had such fun experimenting, and I think of her whenever I make this dish. It's a favorite whenever I take it to a potluck or other group gathering.
-Phyllis Atherton, South Burlington, Vermont
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large tart apple, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup,
- turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into
- an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll
- pastry to fit top of dish. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple
- cookie cutter if desired. Place over filling; flute edges. Bake at
- 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.