Turkey Apple Potpie Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large tart apple, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cookie cutter if desired. Place over filling; flute edges. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Apple Potpie
"This is a great recipe to use up holiday leftovers. I made a few changes to accommodate our tastes and pantry. 1) 1/2 cup of onion instead of 1/4. 2) added 1/2 cup of celery to the onions. 3) Cream of Celery instead of cream of chicken. Got rave reviews!!!"