YEARS AGO, a neighbor and I collaborated and submitted this recipe for an apple contest. We won first prize...a bushel of apples, of course. We had such fun experimenting, and I think of her whenever I make this dish. It's a favorite whenever I take it to a potluck or other group gathering. -Phyllis Atherton, South Burlington, Vermont
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large tart apple, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cookie cutter if desired. Place over filling; flute edges. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Apple Potpie in Reminisce November/December 1997, p49
Reviews for Turkey Apple Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review