Turkey and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the turkey, peas and water chestnuts; cook until turkey is heated through and peas are tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup turkey mixture, calculated without rice) equals 242 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer