- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the turkey, peas and water chestnuts; cook until turkey is heated through and peas are tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2014
"This was pretty good. It was fast to make. My daughter didn't like the celery in it. Might try subbing broccoli."