Turkey and Stuffing Pie
For a fast and flavorful way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers, try this main-dish pie from Debbi Baker of Green Springs, Ohio. "This is such a handy recipe during the holidays," she assures.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Press stuffing onto the bottom and up the sides of a well-greased
- 9-in. pie plate. Top with turkey and cheese. Beat eggs and milk;
- pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat Swiss cheese, skim milk and egg substitute equivalent to 3 eggs) equals 327 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,065 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer