Turkey and Pasta Salad
This is a great way to use up leftover turkey after the holidays. Grilled chicken is as good substitute. —Megan Taylor
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 celery rib
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, turkey, celery, onions
- and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar, salt
- and lemon juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in
- cashews. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 593 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.