- pepper. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually stir
- into pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in sour cream. Transfer to eight greased 8-oz.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, thyme, baking
- soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls over
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 314 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.