Turkey and Gravy Baskets Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated turkey breast slices in gravy
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- 1. Bake four pastry shells according to package directions; save remaining shells for another use.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Cut turkey slices into bite-size pieces; add to skillet with gravy from package and additional gravy. Heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 560 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey and Gravy Baskets
"Very good baseline recipe. The sky is the limit as to what you want to add to your pastry shells! Two other versions I've tried with great success is, one, to place a buttered slice of bread in a large muffin tin with buttered side facing the pan. The bread gets a lovely crunchy toasted exterior with the turkey and veggies on the inside! I also do a similar thing with the large muffin tin or popover pan. I take cold stuffing and press it up against the side of the pan openings and fill. Both of these modifications are baked at 350 degrees until filling is hot or bread is browner. One note about all 3 of these: when it says 4 servings, I would say it would be for a ladies lunch type serving at best. One serving will not fill up a man or a teenage boy."