Turkey and Gravy Baskets
Take advantage of convenience items to put a special entree on the table even when time is tight. Our Test Kitchen combined fresh veggies with packaged cooked turkey and gravy, then spooned the colorful mixture into puff pastry shells from the freezer section for a pretty presentation.
TIP: This is also a great way to use up holiday leftovers. Use 2 cups leftover turkey plus 1 cup gravy as a su
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated turkey breast slices in gravy
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- Bake four pastry shells according to package directions; save
- remaining shells for another use.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, onion and red
- pepper in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Cut turkey slices into bite-size pieces; add to skillet with gravy
- from package and additional gravy. Heat through. Serve in pastry
- shells. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 560 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.