Take advantage of convenience items to put a special entree on the table even when time is tight. Our Test Kitchen combined fresh veggies with packaged cooked turkey and gravy, then spooned the colorful mixture into puff pastry shells from the freezer section for a pretty presentation. TIP: This is also a great way to use up holiday leftovers. Use 2 cups leftover turkey plus 1 cup gravy as a substitute for the 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated turkey breast slices in gravy.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated turkey breast slices in gravy
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- Bake four pastry shells according to package directions; save remaining shells for another use.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Cut turkey slices into bite-size pieces; add to skillet with gravy from package and additional gravy. Heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey and Gravy Baskets in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p26
Reviews for Turkey and Gravy Baskets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review