Turkey Almond Salad
Our congregation was holding a luncheon at which I was helping, and we were supposed to use turkey left over from the church's Thanksgiving supper.
I thought back to a salad I had tasted years before, then tried to come up with something similar. Everyone liked it so much thatat another church luncheonwe cooked a turkey for the specific purpose of making my salad.
There was onl
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cubed leftover cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together turkey, cabbage, celery and green
- onions. In another bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over the
- turkey mixture. Chill for several hours. Just before serving, add
- the chow mein noodles, almonds and sesame sees; toss to mix. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 388 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium,