Turkey a La King Recipe
These tasty appetizers look so cute served in pastry shells! They're a great way to use up leftver chicken or turkey, too. You might want to make a double batch. No one can eat just one!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 pastry shells or pieces of toast
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour and sugar until a paste forms. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cream, turkey and mushrooms; heat through. Serve either in pastry shells or over toast. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 1203 calories, 68g fat (31g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 1258mg sodium, 113g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Turkey a La King
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC