Turkey a la King with Rice
“I like to make this dish with our leftover turkey. It's a nice change from casseroles and so simple. Serve over rice, noodles, biscuits or toast.” Pat Lemke - Brandon, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add
- mushrooms, celery, onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and broth until smooth; stir into
- vegetable mixture. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Add turkey, peas and salt; heat through.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups turkey mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 350 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,