- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery, onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey, peas and salt; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey a la King with Rice
Sort By :
"Was a great recipe for left over turkey! Real simple but was a little bland, if make again will add some pepper or something."
"Super yummy! Was so happy to come across this because I really am tired of leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving! I've always been a fan of Chicken a la king but had never actually made it. I did add a little extra butter to the pan after I sauteed my vegetables and then added the flour. Allowed the flour to cook for a few minutes and then added the broth and milk. I was afraid there could be a raw flour taste by just mixing it with the broth. I always didn't have to dirty a bowl ;)"
"Make this all the time it is wonderful!!!! My daughter request it often. Actually we are having it tonight! = )"
"This was very good. I made as described. no revisions necessary!"