Turkey a la King for 2 Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, broth, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the turkey and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup turkey mixture with 1 piece of toast equals 343 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Turkey a la King for 2
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer