- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, broth, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the turkey and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey a la King in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p9
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey a la King for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review