Turkey a la King
“I like to make this dish with our leftover turkey. It's a nice change from casseroles and so simple. Serve over rice, noodles, biscuits or toast.” Pat Lemke - Brandon, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and
- pepper in butter until tender.
- Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add the turkey, peas and salt; heat through. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups turkey mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 350 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,