Turkey 'n' Stuffing Pie Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) turkey gravy
- 5 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, broth and butter. Stir in stuffing. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- 2. For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour until well blended. Stir in the turkey, peas, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Stir in gravy. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Spoon into crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Arrange cheese strips in a lattice pattern over filling. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 511 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,560 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey 'n' Stuffing Pie
"We had this the day after Thanksgiving. It was like a yummy Thanksgiving dinner all wrapped up in a pie. Even my picky eaters who hate mushrooms ate it, and liked it. Will definately make again!"
"It's like a big turkey dinner in a simple easy and quick dish. Might have it again with turkey leftovers after thanksgiving."
"Yummy followed directions exactly!"
"This was a delicious dish! I added some sour cream as I didn't have quite enough gravy, and I used mozzarella instead of process cheese, but it still turned out great!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer