Turkey, Gouda & Apple Tea Sandwiches
These fun mini sandwiches from our home economists are a tasty addition to an afternoon tea gathering. The cranberry mayo lends a unique flavor twist, and the apples add a nice crunch.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 24 very thin slices white bread, crusts removed
- 12 slices deli turkey
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 12 thin slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place mayonnaise and cranberry sauce in a small food processor. Cover
- and process until blended. Spread over each bread slice.
- Layer the turkey, apples, cheese and spinach over each of 12 bread
- slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Cranberry spread can be prepared a day in advance; cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts: 4 tea sandwiches equals 258 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.