I'm always trying to come up with wholesome recipes that use turkey and veggies. This one has been a hit with my family—especially at reunions when we make breakfast the next morning. —Doris Kinnaird, Franklin, Indiana
Featured In: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casing removed
- 1/4 cup each chopped green, sweet yellow and red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Chopped tomatoes and avocados
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, peppers, apple, celery, green onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables and apple are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and remaining salt and pepper. In the same pan, heat 1-1/2 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Pour in half of egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, slide onto a plate.
- Spoon turkey mixture over egg; top with cheese. Repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture, sliding egg over cheese. Top with parsley; cut into wedges. Serve with tomatoes and avocado. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey, Apple & Vegetable Omelet in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p66
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Turkey, Apple & Vegetable Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review