- 1-3/4 cups uncooked penne or gemelli pasta (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions, broccoli and carrots; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic, parsley, tarragon and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer.
Add mushrooms and peas; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in turkey, broth, soup, yogurt, cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add pasta; toss to combine and heat through.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or milk if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Vegetable Pasta in Freezer Meals Bookazine 2013, p60
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Turkey & Vegetable Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review