Using ingredients on hand, I stirred up this turkey and veggie-packed soup. If you have them, corn, beans and celery are great here, too. —Lisa Wiger, St. Michael, Minnesota
Featured In: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in barley and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until carrots and barley are tender. Stir in turkey, spinach and pepper; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Vegetable Barley Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Turkey & Vegetable Barley Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review