- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in barley and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until carrots and barley are tender. Stir in turkey, spinach and pepper; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey & Vegetable Barley Soup
"This was an easy and tasty soup to make! A great way to use up leftover turkey. Even my picky daughter liked it."
"Great flavor! I doubled the batch and it was a great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving."
"Very tasty and quick to make. I used leftover chicken, since I didn't have any turkey, but it was good. I also added a touch of minced garlic with the onions and carrots. Everyone liked it, and we'll be making it again! Perfect on a cool fall evening!"