Using ingredients on hand, I stirred up this turkey and veggie-packed soup. If you have them, corn, beans and celery are great here, too. —Lisa Wiger, St. Michael, Minnesota
Featured In: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in barley and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until carrots and barley are tender. Stir in turkey, spinach and pepper; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Vegetable Barley Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Turkey & Vegetable Barley Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2016
"This was an easy and tasty soup to make! A great way to use up leftover turkey. Even my picky daughter liked it."
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2015
"Great flavor! I doubled the batch and it was a great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving."