Turkey & Swiss with Herbed Greens Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 16 slices multigrain bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic powder and basil. Add salad greens and onion; toss to coat.
- 2. On eight slices of bread, layer the turkey, cheese, tomatoes and salad greens. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich: 297 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.