Turkey & Swiss Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Parmesan peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced cooked turkey breast
- Diced sweet red pepper, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard; spread over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, spread side up, on a griddle coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Layer cheese, avocado and turkey over half of each tortilla. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Garnish with red pepper if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 quesadilla: 421 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 fat.