- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound slices Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm buttermilk and water. Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add shortening; pulse until shortening is the size of peas. While processing, gradually add yeast mixture and process just until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Preheat broiler.
- Split biscuits in half; place bottoms on greased baking sheets. Layer with turkey and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Swiss Biscuit Sliders in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Turkey & Swiss Biscuit Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review