Turkey & Swiss Biscuit Sliders Recipe
I love to come up with new recipe ideas; I'm always experimenting. I created these while my sister was pregnant to satisfy a craving, and it really did the trick! —Cindy Esposito, Bloomfield, New Jersey
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2/3 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound slices Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm buttermilk and water. Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add shortening; pulse until shortening is the size of peas. While processing, gradually add yeast mixture and process just until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Split biscuits in half; place bottoms on greased baking sheets. Layer with turkey and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slider (calculated without mustard) equals 198 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC