Turkey & Swiss Biscuit Sliders Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm buttermilk and water. Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add shortening; pulse until shortening is the size of peas. While processing, gradually add yeast mixture and process just until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°. Bake biscuits 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Split biscuits in half; place bottoms on greased baking sheets. Layer with turkey and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slider (calculated without mustard): 198 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Turkey & Swiss Biscuit Sliders
"I loved the flavor and texture of these biscuits. I used butter-flavored shortening, which I believed enhanced the taste. Next time, my husband would prefer I add more meat to each sandwich, whereas I might eat the biscuits plain :)"
"Amazing and easy to make. I made these for super bowl Sunday and they were a crowd favorite. Savory and delicious!!! I was asked for the recipe from my guests which means Job Well Done. Thanks Cindy for this great recipe !!!"