- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 pound sliced leftover cooked turkey, warmed
- Shape stuffing into four 1/2-in.-thick patties; set aside. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks and lemon juice until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in parsley, salt and nutmeg. Transfer to a small bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl of warm water. Keep warm, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve, up to 30 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook stuffing patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- To serve, place turkey and eggs on stuffing patties. Top with hollandaise sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict
Sort By :
We inevitably have leftover stuffing and turkey at Christmas. I always put mine in food saver bags and freeze. This was an excellent way to use up my leftovers. Excellent recipe and will make again.
This is an excellent idea! The Hollandaise was simple and delicious, and made for a good way to use up leftovers. Instead of just stuffing I made the Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crispy-mashed-potato---stuffing-patties , but leaving out the turkey so I could slice it and serve it on top of the patty, as done here. This was really a hit, and may have started a Black Friday lunch tradition for us!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Breakfast Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Condiments >