Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict Recipe
- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 pound sliced leftover cooked turkey, warmed
- Shape stuffing into four 1/2-in.-thick patties; set aside. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks and lemon juice until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in parsley, salt and nutmeg. Transfer to a small bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl of warm water. Keep warm, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve, up to 30 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook stuffing patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- To serve, place turkey and eggs on stuffing patties. Top with hollandaise sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict(1)
Sort By :
This is an excellent idea! The Hollandaise was simple and delicious, and made for a good way to use up leftovers. Instead of just stuffing I made the Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crispy-mashed-potato---stuffing-patties , but leaving out the turkey so I could slice it and serve it on top of the patty, as done here. This was really a hit, and may have started a Black Friday lunch tradition for us!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Breakfast Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Condiments >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Egg Recipes >