Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict Recipe
- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 pound sliced leftover cooked turkey, warmed
- 1. Shape stuffing into four 1/2-in.-thick patties; set aside. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks and lemon juice until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- 2. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in parsley, salt and nutmeg. Transfer to a small bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl of warm water. Keep warm, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve, up to 30 minutes.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook stuffing patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Keep warm.
- 4. Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- 5. Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- 6. To serve, place turkey and eggs on stuffing patties. Top with hollandaise sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 767 calories, 53g fat (22g saturated fat), 541mg cholesterol, 1151mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict
"These were really fun to make and came out great. I didn't think the stuffing would hold together so well but it did."
"This is an excellent idea! The Hollandaise was simple and delicious, and made for a good way to use up leftovers. Instead of just stuffing I made the Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crispy-mashed-potato---stuffing-patties , but leaving out the turkey so I could slice it and serve it on top of the patty, as done here. This was really a hit, and may have started a Black Friday lunch tradition for us!"