These yummy bites make a great snack during the big game or a light lunch after an afternoon of shopping. Starring turkey, rice, beans and a zesty sauce, the tostadas are a tasty alternative to the usual turkey sandwiches. —Dawn Onuffer, Crestview, Florida
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; spritz on both sides with cooking spray. Bake tortillas at 400° for 5-7 minutes on each side or until edges are crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine turkey and rice. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until heated through. Place refried beans in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat through.
- Spread beans over tortillas. Top with turkey mixture and sauce. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Rice Tostadas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p122