Turkey & Noodle Tomato Soup Recipe
Turn V8 juice, veggies and ramen noodles into a wonderful soup that takes just a few minutes to make. I like to serve it with biscuits. —Jennifer Bridges, Los Angeles, California
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup mix, 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning from the noodles, sugar, pepper and salt. Add V8 juice and vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 2. Break noodles into small pieces; add to soup (discard remaining seasoning or save for another use). Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little reduced-sodium broth or water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,247 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC