- 6 large poblano peppers (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups cooked cornbread stuffing
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each ) corn muffin mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) egg substitute
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Place peppers on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a small bowl, combine turkey and stuffing. Fill peppers with turkey mixture. Place corn muffin mix and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Roll stuffed peppers in corn muffin mix, then in egg substitute, then again in corn muffin mix.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry stuffed peppers, a few at a time, 2-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Place cranberry sauce, pepper and adobo sauce in a blender; cover and process until blended, about 10 seconds. Serve with peppers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Corn Bread Stuffing Rellenos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p115
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey & Corn Bread Stuffing Rellenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review