Turkey & Bulgur Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Place bulgur in a large bowl. Stir in broth mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain. Stir in the turkey, cucumber, beans, onions, olives and cranberries.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice and cranberry juice concentrate. Stir into bulgur mixture. Add tomatoes and parsley; gently toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 302 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey & Bulgur Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.