Turkey & Bulgur Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Place bulgur in a large bowl. Stir in broth mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain. Stir in the turkey, cucumber, beans, onions, olives and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice and cranberry juice concentrate. Stir into bulgur mixture. Add tomatoes and parsley; gently toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey & Bulgur Salad in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey & Bulgur Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review