Turkey & Bow Ties Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 ounces turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add broccoli and garlic; cook until broccoli is tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, wine, basil and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; add to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 380 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Turkey & Bow Ties
"A great idea for something different after a big turkey feast, but does need more spices. Will be adding either more cayenne or crushed red pepper, also some diced onion and mozzerella. Could be good."
"It's good; but definitely needs a bit more pizazz. Next time I'll add more garlic, more cayenne pepper, more basil, more... ???"